decent has sprung from the antipodes of New Zealand, where over the past five years just like our products, we've worked from the ground up.
Back in 2013, we had a crazy idea: What if we could make packaging from plants? What if we could reduce the amount of plastic ending up in our landfills and oceans? What if by using plants we could reduce the massive impacts on energy consumption, water consumption, and polluting emissions that petroleum-based packaging has on our environment? So we set off looking for alternatives to petrochemical-based disposable food packaging, and just like our packaging, we worked from the ground up.
We are seeking a considerate, bright, forward thinking, entrepreneurial and high-spirited individual to join us as UK Sales Manager at our London office to steer and grow our sales in the UK. As UK Sales Manager your primary focus will be growing our UK sales and leading your team by example managing both the sales and support team. You will manage a dynamic team in winning our top markets and establishing a strong decent packaging presence in new markets.
You will be a natural born leader, capable of influencing and with an analytical approach to drive decisions. Your communication skills will be exceptional with proven ability to train, support and inspire a team.
The position of sales manager includes responsibilities for developing business plans and strategies to expand the customer base and maximise income for the company as well as the management of departmental sales teams and budget controls and administration. You’ll be directly responsible for the performance of the sales and support team.
National Sales Manager duties and responsibilities
- Lead nationwide sales team members to achieve sales targets.
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Negotiate and close agreements with large customers.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the sales department.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Perform research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities.
- Provide timely and effective solutions aligned with clients’ needs.
- Liaise with Marketing and Production departments to ensure stock and brand consistency.
- Keep abreast of new product launches and ensure sales team members are on board.
- Prepare weekly reports for the sales team which include conversion rates, meetings, attended, new sales and current sales.
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics and suggest improvements.
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies.
- Prepare the monthly and quarterly reports and follow up on KPI’s directly.
National Sales Manager requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a in Sales and Management.
- In depth knowledge of managing a high performance sales team.
- Hands on experience with CRM software.
- Applicable experience of sales performance metrics.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Customer oriented with strong negotiation skills.
- Customer obsessed.
- Analytical and data driven problem solver.
If this sounds like your cup of tea... or coffee, send your application to email@example.com, cut off for CV's is 16th March.