decent packaging has sprung from the antipodes of New Zealand, where over the past six years just like our products, we've worked from the ground up.
Back in 2013, we had a crazy idea: What if we could make packaging from plants? What if we could reduce the amount of plastic ending up in our landfills and oceans? What if by using plants we could reduce the massive impacts on energy consumption, water consumption, and polluting emissions that petroleum-based packaging has on our environment? So we set off looking for alternatives to petrochemical-based disposable food packaging and have worked closely with waste management partners to ensure once used, our products end up in the right place, a compost. We started with coffee cups; but now produce a wide range of food service packaging, offering a plant based solution to the industry.
We are seeking a considerate, bright, forward thinking, entrepreneurial and highly-spirited individual to join us as Country Manager based at our London office to steer and grow our operations in the UK. In this role you will be the primary voice and ambassador of our business in the region. You will manage a dynamic team in winning our top markets and establishing a strong decent packaging presence in new markets. You will create transparent targets, and execute the decent packaging strategy on the ground. You will be a natural born leader, capable of influencing with an analytical approach to drive decisions. Your communication skills will be exceptional with proven ability to train, support and inspire a team. You will be working with our global team and cross-functionally with multiple departments including operations, marketing, sales, account management, recruiting and finance.
- Define the medium and long-term strategy to achieve growth and profitability targets for the UK.
- Own the P&L for the UK, working closely with central finance, operations, marketing and other departments globally.
- Build, lead and manage a team of highly talented individuals from different departments including operations, marketing, and customer relations.
- Ensure close partnerships with key brands
- Manage multiple projects and be a resourceful multi-tasker and the key stakeholder manager for your country.
- Be the representative for The Full Package press, launch events, growth, talks and media interaction.
- Lead by example and set high standards for the team.
- 3-6 years of experience in startup / fast-paced environment
- Experience in growth initiatives.
- Experience in managing and building a team of 10+ people.
- Experience in P&L management.
- Be a primary advocate for helping our customers to reduce their waste and provide them with solutions to reduce their packaging waste.
- Help and educate our customers to create and implement circular economies.
- Ability to work with remote teams across time zones through clear and concise communication.
- Be comfortable working with limited resources under tight deadlines, thrive in an unknown environment and not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty.
- Ability to balance the swift pace of execution with attention to detail.
- Experience in B2B and B2C business models, strong operational experience is a must.
- Background in Entrepreneurship, Operations, Marketing/Business Development.
- Proven track record of having worked in a rapidly growing international organisation.
- Proven exposure to the hospitality industry is a plus.
- Be a natural born leader with a passion for people, be able to yield the team to get the very best out of them. Hire, motivate, empower and retain the best talent available.
- An undeniably positive attitude, extreme dedication, and ability to act as a role model.
- Self-motivated, proactive, hands on and able to work autonomously if required.
Closing Date: 5th of March
Drop us a line with your CV to email@example.com