We're Decent Packaging. We've sprung from the antipodes of New Zealand, where over the past ten years, just like our products we've worked from the ground up. We wanted to provide the UK with sustainable plant-based solutions and alternatives to petrochemical-based packaging so we made the decision to open shop here in 2019.
Since then, together with our customers, we've made a huge impact and have saved 308.08 tonnes of carbon, and taken 109,108,812 pieces of plastic out of circulation. It doesn’t stop here, our team in the UK is growing fast, and we're looking for an energetic, enthusiastic social media guru for a new Content Marketing Assistant role based in London.
As the first dedicated content creator for Decent Packaging, your role will be to work with the marketing team in the UK and NZ to deliver a steady stream of high quality content in-line with the marketing strategy. You will report to the UK Marketing Manager and work closely with the Global Marketing team to help develop and execute the local content strategy. You'll need to have your finger on the pulse on all of the latest social media trends, and be a go-getter when it comes to capturing creative content.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and produce localised content to be utilised across our website, EDM and all social channels (YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn).
- Collaborate with teams, including sales and customer service, to ensure brand consistency.
- Write engaging short and long format copy with the ability to match our brand's tone of voice.
- Publishing, managing and monitoring content on social media platforms. Including one-on-one customer communications and optimising content to improve results and grow audiences.
- Generate brand awareness across the UK through creative video, photography and written content. This will include PR, thought leadership, interviews, events and media opportunities with a ‘local lens’.
- Actively seek content marketing opportunities, aligned brand partnerships and attend industry events on behalf of the company to produce content.
- Building relationships with customers, influencers and content producers within the industry, to help capture and distribute content that educates and inspires our community.
- Support the Marketing Manager/Global Marketing team with digital campaigns and strategy.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest social media trends, movements and relevant news. Including researching and assessing potential new outlets and tools for content / marketing.
- A minimum of one year of experience in a similar marketing role developing video/photography for use across all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok, LinkedIn)
- Passionate about sustainability, composting, hospitality and making the world a better place.
- Proven work experience as a content creator. You will be required to provide examples of your previous work.
- Great with people! You will be out and about representing our brand with our customers on a day to day basis
- Hands-on experience in content management including eCommerce platforms, all social media platforms, eDM marketing, Google Analytics.
- Excellent copywriting skills, tone of voice and an understanding of design.
- The ability to execute creative photo and video content.
- Creatively minded with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Experience in building and managing paid media campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok or similar.
Job: Content Marketing Assistant, reporting to the UK Marketing Manager.
Location: Shoreditch, London - Hybrid working (min. 2 days in office)
Job type: Full-time, 4 days a week, Base Annual Salary of between £25-30k DOE + 15-20% Bonus.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Equipment: Phone and laptop to be provided for work use. Work related travel expenses will be covered by the company (excluding the commute to and from the office).
We’re customer obsessed at Decent Packaging starting with the customer and working backwards. Our job is to make our customers' lives easy. We keep it simple, by remembering the magic is in simplicity and simplicity should be echoed in every part of the business. We prioritise design by making the ordinary extraordinary. We take ownership no matter our role and act as leaders not waiting to be told what to do. We hire and develop the best, hiring for attitude and training for skill. We believe that inside every one of us is more potential than we could imagine and our goal is to help each other to unlock that potential by pursuing growth and learning.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 June 2022. Bonus points if you include relevant examples of your social media videography/photography work with your application.